Friday, November 5, 2010

Give thanks with a greatful heart...

My husband leaves for Alabama on Sunday morning for work.
After being out of a "real" job for two years, anything is a blessing, but I haven't been viewing it as one. I have been pouting and feeling sorry for myself, because...well because I'm going to miss my husband! And life is soo hard with two little kids who miss their dad and can't REALLY understand why he's gone and why 5 weeks seems like an eternity. I'm pouting because he is going to be gone for Thanksgiving, and our anniversary. I'm feeling sorry for myself because I will be lonely despite the company of friends and family, because HE, my other half will be absent.
 I have been whining and pouting and being a big baby when what I should be doing is rejoicing. Rejoicing that the Lord has answered ferverent prayers with a job. Rejoicing that my hubby is able to provide and rejoice in the feeling of fufillment that gives him.
I have been acting like a spoiled brat.
I'm still annoyed that he'll be gone, but trying to fight the annoyance to the gratefullness that is fighting to bubble up.

1 comment:

  1. Just because something is a blessing does not mean that it won't be hard. I'm facing that a bit myself at the moment - knowing something is a good gift from God, but struggling with the difficult times I am required to go through as a result. Praise God for blessing your husband, and hugs to you for traveling this difficult road.

    ReplyDelete